RCCFDC is seeking an individual who has a strong work ethic, integrity, teamwork, and adaptability skills to join our team as a Business Support Coach. As a key RCCFDC team member you are integral to program operations and delivery of services to clients and members. The Business Support Coach helps to enhance the profile and collaboration opportunities for RCCFDC in support of fostering a strong small business community.
The Business Support Coach position is a two year contract position supervised by and directly accountable to the Executive Director.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
Post Secondary education completed in a business related field
Minimum of 3 years related experience
Valid Drivers License
*Please note preference will be given to bilingual applicants.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Develops and implements a detailed work plan with time-based objectives and results that are concrete, specific, and measurable.
- Shows good judgment about when to take the initiative and when to obtain direction from their manager.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mandate and services provided by RCCFDC.
- Strong Accounting, business planning and business management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal bilingual communication skills including demonstrated ability to write reports and proposals, and presentations.
- Strong financial analysis and business assessment skills.
- Strong public relations skills.
- Comprehensive understanding and/or contacts within economic sectors to have current knowledge of the challenges and opportunities facing entrepreneurs.
- Strong problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer relations, interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) including demonstrated ability to write reports and proposals, and the ability to plan, organize and prioritize, delegate work effectively, strong negotiation skills and prioritize to meet deadlines.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Track contacts and services provided through entries into the database: by individual/ business, type of service and community. Prepare and present monthly inquiry updates to Executive Director.
- Assist in quarterly reporting generation and submission to funder.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Intake and Assessment: Gather key information on enquiry; obtain an assessment of the applicant’s type of undertaking (for example, Start-up, Acquisition, Expansion and/or Sector). Explain the loan and grant application process, referencing screenings, turn-around time on approvals, authority levels and business planning components. Explain client service standards. Explain the requirement of equity. Request financials for business expansions. Reference RCCFDC’s confidentiality policy (Privacy Notice and Disclaimer).
- Business Counselling: Where required, assist applicants with business plan development by providing outlines, explain key components of a business plan (Management, Target/Secondary Market, Competition, Human Resources, Operations, Cash flow/Financials & Assumptions). Plan meetings and follow-up meetings to encourage applicant in developing their business planning component. Guide individuals through cash flow exercise. Explain to applicant’s basic business structures: Sole Proprietorship, Corporations, and Partnerships. Explain purpose of Master Business License and Business Insurance.
- Provide Support Services to existing loan clients. Assist clients identify operational and management problems recommend a course of action and develop work plans for each client. Help with identification of specialized needs requiring external consultants and provide referral to relevant business organizations, government agencies and RCCFDC staff as necessary considering varying needs and time requirements of clients.
- Maintain contact with clients until loan is repaid, assess business performance, obtain, and analyze financial statements making recommendations for assistance or referrals where applicable as detailed in Business Support Services above.
- Organize and deliver business training and develop workshops to be delivered across Renfrew County. Key communities for targeted visits are to be identified in individual work plan. Make presentations to interested groups to promote RCCFDC programs and services and to deliver initiatives such as Financial Literacy.
Documentation and Confidentiality:
- Maintain the strictest of confidence with regards to RCCFDC clients, their files or other dealings, and with all personnel and other confidential internal records and proceedings.
- Financial reporting systems are up-to-date and well organized to allow prompt response to inquiries by the Executive Director.
- Complete all reports and submissions on time and in a professional manner. Information contained in reports is concrete, specific, and measurable and relates to previously approved work plan objectives and results where applicable.
- Adhere to RCCFDC policies and procedures.
- Liaise with economic development organizations, tribal councils, funding agencies or other groups/associations relevant to RCCFDC’s mandate.
- Work productively and professionally as a member of the RCCFDC’s team and maintains co-operative working relationships with all RCCFDC staff and with partners, agencies, and clients.
- Connect individual activities to overall goals and targets and encourage other team members to reach goals and targets.
- Willing to acquire new skills and knowledge required to fulfill duties and responsibilities and sees learning and development as part of the job.
- Work effectively and efficiently with a minimum of supervision, demonstrate time management and the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
Closing: July 3, 2020 at 5:00pm
Application and Screening Procedure:
Interested persons must submit a resume and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the basic requirements and the names and day contact telephone numbers of three most recent direct supervisors.
Applications will be accepted by email only. Please email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applicants will be screened on the following:
- Conflict of Interest. The applicant must not be a relative of any board or staff member of RCCFDC.
- Resume and Cover Letter.
Thank you to all applicants, however, please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renfrew County Community Futures Development Corporation
450 O’Brien Road, Suite 205